Healing for Individuals and Couples
Below, I offer three services for people who want general change work for a while variety of life challenges and pain: I work with both individuals and couples.
I am curious about how we get ourselves stuck in patterns that don’t work for us, and which we try very, very hard to change without much success. In my experience, there are two reasons why these patterns persist, year after year:
- Some aspect of our consciousness is certain that the pattern is necessary for our safety. This is often rooted in childhood trauma. This is the kind of pattern we usually have more awareness of because, well, we lived through it and often insightful about how it affected us (even if we still can’t figure out how to change it).
- Some aspect of our consciousness is certain that the pattern is necessary for belonging to our ancestral lineages. This is more subtle, especially because we often are unaware of the history, not having lived through it ourselves. It is also because we often have bad feelings about our families, and want more distance from them, which makes it really counter-intuitive that our unwanted patterns may be trying to help us belong.
We need a new way forward that creates unexpected relief and freedom from what has been causing us pain.
The old way simply isn’t working anymore. What hasn’t been included or seen or appreciated that would make forward movement possible?
The primary approach I use is called Family Constellations (sometimes called “Systemic Constellations”). It’s a powerful, gentle and very loving approach to helping uncover what’s going on in the background, making our suffering in life so very intense and persistent. For more information about it, go to What are Family Constellations?
I also use other modalities, especially Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), which is another approach to unconscious patterns, and which can sometimes be especially good for healing childhood trauma. For more information about this, go to What is NLP?
My clients usually feel a great relief after every session – because they’ve been seen in a new way – and find the work to grow in power over time.
Free Phone Consultations
Are you wondering if my work might be a good fit for you and what you’re wrestling with? I offer free 45 minute phone conversations to see what your specific challenges might be, and for you to ask me all the questions you need answered before getting started. These calls are for new clients only. If you live outside the United States, we can meet by Skype to avoid roaming charges.
Find out if I am the right practitioner for you…
Private Healing Sessions
♦ They have a “one off” issue – like preparing for an important job interview – that only requires one in-depth session.
♦ They have a specific “chunk” of work to do – like addressing a relationship problem, or moving forward in their careers – that might take 2-6 sessions to really address.
♦ They have ongoing issues that require them to come regularly for a year or two.
♦ They want to integrate some private work with constellation work (see below).
So, how does that work? Although my work is therapeutic, it is not structured like ordinary psychotherapy sessions. We meet for two hour sessions during which we go very deeply. Each two hour session feels like a complete piece of work (rather than putting on the “pause” button at 50 minutes and trying to pick up again a week later).
Because we go so deeply, clients usually see me about once every 3-4 weeks rather than weekly. The monthly cost, therefore, tends to be much less expensive than for ordinary psychotherapy. My clients also usually see improvement in a few months, depending upon the severity of the issue.
Local clients: we meet at my office in Oakland, CA. Distance clients: we meet via Skype.
Single session: $275
Three session package: $750 ($25 savings on each session)
Payment and Cancellation Policies: Payment is due before or at the session. Full refund for cancellations 48 hours before session starts. Entire fee is due if cancelled less than 48 hours before the session starts, and for no-shows (barring an emergency).
If you are ready to make a two hour session private appointment…
Group Family Constellations
There are two ways to participate:
Attend a constellation gathering: Anyone can attend to observe and participate without having their own constellation facilitated. A constellation requires participants who help access the client’s Family Soul under the guidance of a trained facilitator. Because we are accessing a larger wisdom, there are always benefits for these participants as well. It’s also a great way to get familiar with the work if you are considering having your own constellation facilitated. To attend a constellation costs only $5. See my events page for my public constellation schedule. You are welcome to attend as an observer at any upcoming gatherings.
Have your own constellation facilitated: This service is for people interested in exploring whether their persistent struggles and unwanted patterns might be connected to ancestral suffering, and feel that a group is the best place to do it. This is a profound way to understand our unconscious systems in an entirely new way, and it’s often the “third way” that allows for the kind of healing we’ve been wanting for a long time.
The cost to have your constellation facilitated is $275. What does this include?
- The constellation itself, approximately one and a half hours long (one half of a three hour evening).
- A pre-constellation phone family tree interview, usually about 45 minutes.
Scheduling a Constellation: If you are interested in having a constellation facilitated, or have any questions, please contact me. There is usually a waitlist of a few weeks. If you don’t live in the area, it is possible to have a group constellation facilitated via Skype.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- To reserve a constellation requires a $50 deposit, which is included in the cost of the constellation. The appointment is not reserved until the deposit is received.
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- The deposit can be transferred one time to another date if the request to re-schedule is made at least two weeks before the original constellation date.
- If the constellation is re-scheduled less than two weeks before the original date, the deposit is considered an administrative fee (please understand, re-scheduling constellations in the last weeks is very difficult), and to re-schedule will require a new deposit.
- Deposits can be transferred to a new date only once (even if done more than two weeks before); for a second re-scheduling, the deposit is considered an administrative fee, and requires a new deposit.
- The balance of the constellation fee is due before or at the time of the constellation. If a constellation is cancelled by the client less than 72 hours before the event (barring an emergency), the entire balance of the constellation is due.